I was just getting ready to write a new blog post when I saw that my friend, Abby, chastised me publicly for not updating often enough. I know, I am no good at this blog.
In response to Abby, Sam, and Donnie’s blogs: I think the big question is “What constitues a hipster?” I have 2 friends that consider me, Eric, Ashley, Bruk, Kala, Markie and Abby all hipsters.
- Boys wear the tight-ish pants with a vintage plaid button up and cardigan. Add a beard and a guitar for bonus indie-folk cred.
- Girls wear leggings, dresses, scarves, pendant necklaces, and bangs. Cowboy boots and touseled hair are powerful weapons in our arsenal.
- We all profess our love for art and music (especially if it’s Fleet Foxes, Bon Iver, Jenny Lewis, or Josh Groban.)
- Sarcasm abounds.
- Some of us like to revel in the exclusivity we exude when we refer to inside jokes in public settings.
- We’re very adamant that we aren’t hipsters, and write blogs about hipsterdom as if we’re examining some foreign subculture from a distance.