I haven’t really updated in a while, but a ton has gone on:
- I’ve gotten settled into my new house in Talent. It’s pretty rock-and-roll. The girls that I live with are all really cool. Julie is a journalist for a local newspaper and is also a self-proclaimed cheapskate. We have lots of good conversations at the kitchen table. Sara is a pretty busy lady but manages to keep in contact with her friends and family. Sera is a photographer and youth leader in her church. High school kids and her dog, Haley, love her. She likes to try weird food (like shark!)
- We are actually looking for a new female roommate because Sara is moving in a month. You wanna move in?
- We’ve been getting maple bugs on the outside of our house. On a cuteness scale, I equate them with ladybugs.
- The warm fall wind blows right in my window at night. I enjoy wind on my face at night.
- My power cord for my computer is not working. So, my interwebz are out of commission for a while.
- I’ve been feeling very un-interesting lately. I haven’t been reading or making art. I haven’t been writing much. I’ve been very undisciplined in the areas of eating well and exercising. I spend a lot of my free time sleeping or thinking about how much I have to get done, but not actually doing any of it. I think maybe it’s the weather?
- I love my friend, Abby, a lot. She is so witty. Listen to a couple of sentence that she wrote in her blog the other day (in reference to crying at the dentist,) “They look at me like I’m crazy when I cry in the chair. Well sorry but the fact that you’re grinding my tooth away and I’m smelling my tooth smoke is a little scary, ok? “
- TOOTH SMOKE = a masterful stroke in writing brilliance.
- I am engaged to the sweetest, most steadfast boy in the world. We have so much fun together; we laugh till our temples hurt. We take good care of each other. Man, I love him a lot. We will be married on May 30, 2009.